X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScottB
    replied
    Originally posted by DAW View Post
    Also, just to be clear, even if the employer having to pay your salary because you worked part of the workweek does not mean that the employer cannot also reduce your PTO/vacation balance for the hours paid but not worked.
    Yepper. The company can dock PTO and there are no rules limiting their abilty to do so.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    Also, just to be clear, even if the employer having to pay your salary because you worked part of the workweek does not mean that the employer cannot also reduce your PTO/vacation balance for the hours paid but not worked.

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    If you are legitimately a salaried, exempt employee, you must be paid your salary during any work week in which you do any work. Some exceptions apply, such as a full day off for personal reasons.

So, let's say the company is closed for the entire work week (which is not necessarily the same as a calendar week). The company does not have to pay you at all unless you do some work during the work week.

You did some work during the shut down, so you might have to be paid for the full week IF you are an exempt employee and IF your time off was because the company was not open for business and ONLY for the work week when you did the work.

Leave a comment:

• onsalaryinny
    started a topic Scheduled temporary closing New York

Scheduled temporary closing New York

Hi, I am a salaried restaurant manager and my restaurant has closed for two weeks for remodeling and expanding. My boss didn't say whether or not we were going to get paid. I know he is not paying the hourly employees. He called me during the shut down and offered to let me use my vacation pay but I am wondering, is he obligated to pay me regular salary if he has scheduled this closing? Thanks so much!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X