This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working in multiple states. West Virginia

Ok, I live in West Virginia and the company I work for is in West Virginia. But we also work in Ohio and Kentucky. Kentucky state law states that a 10 Min. rest period must be provided for every four hours worked. The 10 Mins. must also be in addition to a meal period. My Question is since I live in west Virginia, does Kuntucky labor law not apply to me, even though I am working in Kentucky? My boss says that I go by West Virginia Law, but I do not think this is the case. If anyone knows, please tell me, and also list a link to the info so I can show my boss.

He knows. He's just a (rude name)
    Last edited by cbg; 02-09-2008, 07:23 AM.

Comment

My boss also shorted me on 24 hours of work on my paycheck. Is there any way I can get him fired for this. I really do not like this man, but I love the job. He says he paid me all that is owed but I am still missing 24 hours of pay.

Comment

Have you brought the pay issue to the attention of payroll, HR or someone higher in the food chain? Start there. Even if you file a claim, I can guarantee the first question asked will be to find out what you did to remedy the situation yourself.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I have told my direct supervisor, area manager, district manager, and HR. I will be calling the regional manager, and if its still not fixed I am not sure what to do.

Comment

If it is still not fixed, then you sue. (or you can put in a claim with your state's DOL).
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X