This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promised a lot, got nothing. Pennsylvania

I had a pretty good full-time job at a local hospital. A place where I worked part-time wanted me full-time, and promised GREAT medical insurance. Since I am chronically ill (but not yet ready for disability), I relinquished my retirement, dental, not-so-great medical insurance from the hospital and went full-time with the other place. The month I started, their medical insurance was canceled for non-payment. It has been nearly a year - and STILL NO INSURANCE. They have been paying for my medications, but I need tests and other things to maintain my health. Also, it is 2/8, and the W2s are not done yet. Every month, i ask about the insurance and am treated like I am harassing them about it. Every month, it is promised - the first and 15th of each month - ALL LIES. I am to the point where I WOULD be better off on disability. I cannot find out if others have it, as the employer does not allow communication between employees (work at home job). Is a law being broken, and if so, what can I do about it? Thanks.

There is no law that requires the employer to provide health insurance.

If you are in a union, then other rules will, most likely, apply.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

But what if it was the reason I went to work there?

The insurance was the REASON I went to work for them, and they know it. It was discussed, and in fact, before I gave my 2-week notice to the first full-time job, I first asked how soon the insurance would go into effect. I was told the first of the following month. I immediately quit the first job upon hanging up the phone with the present job. Doesn't that make any difference? (The insurance was a low co-pay, full coverage, EXCELLENT Rx plan.)

Comment

That moves it into the unfair but legal catagory UNLESS you received a bona fide employment contract that states that the company is required to provide it.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X