X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
    There is no law that addresses being overworked and underpaid. If there was, we would all use it.

Well, except maybe Britany Spear's life coach.
    Wouldn't that be the opposite?

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Can someone point me in the direction of a Massachusetts law that my wife can read that she can use to fix this problem?

No, I can't, because there isn't one.

No law in Massachusetts (or any other state) requires an employer to provide a pay increase for additional duties.

No law in Massachusetts (or any other state) prohibits an employer from increasing an employee's duties (with or without additional compensation).

I'm sorry your wife is in this position but no laws are being violated.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    There is no law that addresses being overworked and underpaid. If there was, we would all use it.

Well, except maybe Britany Spear's life coach.

I digress.

If your wife is doing a bosses job for a secretary's salary, then she has some choices to make.

Leave, complain to upper management or deal with it. Those are her options. Her only options.

Leave a comment:

• Forced to do bosses job for secretary pay Massachusetts

My wife's boss has completely gone off the deep end and because this person isn't getting a pay increase, has decided to take as much time off as possible without using her vacation, personal or sick time. This causes my wife to have to do this person's job in order for the org. to run smoothly. This is causing a lot of stress and anxiety. There doesn't seem to be an end in site, and it just seems to be getting worse. This person holds it over my wife's head that this person is training her to take over when this person leaves. It even says in my wife's job description that her job is to do her bosses job in the absense of her boss. That would be great if she was getting paid for it, and she can't even get to her own duties. The only good thing is that the boss is hardly ever there. But when the boss is there, intentionally transfers everything to my wife's desk which is squished into a corner. There's more. Boss takes over 80% of the office as personal workspace and now has a Japanese rice paper room divider to hide behind whenever boss decides to come in. This is a public building where they are supposed to be helping people. Can someone point me in the direction of a Massachusetts law that my wife can read that she can use to fix this problem?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X