This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA - Reduced Hours - Employee Rights Georgia

Our company has created over 300 Part time FOUR HOUR (4) hour a day positions!

Can they MAKE us drive back and forth 5 days a week for JUST 4 hours a day??

Are they required to supply a "reduction in hours" letter upon our request?

We were hired as full time employees, no contract, do we have any rights at all in this state? What are OUR rights as employees in the state of Georgia??

Need some answers fast please, and thank you !
    Last edited by HelpMeGA; 02-06-2008, 11:34 AM.

1.) There is no law prohibiting them from requiring this. They can't *make* you do it but they can legally fire you/decline to hire you if you refuse.

2.) No

3.) You have lots of rights but setting your own hours is not one of them.

4.) I trust you are not looking for an exhaustive list
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If you hours have been reduced over 50%, you may wish to file for unemployment.
      There is no law that requires employers to provide 8 hours of work every day.
      If 4 hours a day wont do it for you, and you dont want to drive 5 days a week, you need to be looking for a new job.
      You could also ask if your 4 hour days could be combined and work 20 hours over 3 days.

Sorry.
      I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X