This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anything be done Illinois

new investors took over my company. They hired a "Cleaner" to come in and clean house of course. 6 store managers have either quit, stepped down got fired or transfered. Is there anything we as managers can do?

I have 10 years with the company, and I have even been trained to train new employees and open new stores. Suddenly I am of no value to the store?

They are transfering me 60 miles away to be store manager of another store.
    do I have any rights????

Yes. You have the right to look for other employment that is more to your liking.

If you are asking whether the company is violating any laws or any guaranteed "rights" you may hold, no, they are not.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

thank you

Thank you so much!!!

Comment

By the way, this would not be the first time that new owners broke up established management teams and spread them around.

Not only does it keep everyone fresh, but it also helps to figure out where the problem is in troubled locations.

And, well, some folks will just quit rather than change. That may be a part of the process, too.

We used to call them plumbers.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Plumbers?

Plumbers? why plumbers? Wow I never looked at it that way (spreading the talent around to find the problem if there is one)

and traveling from 15 miles to 60 miles is "Quite a Change." Most people can not change that drasically. I do not have a choice right now, I am the only one paying my 1685.00 a month mortgage, so I will hang till I find something closer to home.
          I love my job and dont want to leave but I already work 55 hours a week and this will add on two more hours a day. Oh well I will stop *****ing and look at this as a welcome change. Thanks for listening.

J

Comment

Plumbers... because they are called in when the world is full of ... um... poop.

Anyway... whether or not is too far is up to you...
            Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X