This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SALARIED NON EXEMPT Illinois

Not sure if you can help or if you could point me in the right direction. Recently, my company was aquired by a large fourtune 50 company. They are changing our pay plans as of Feb, 1 2008. We are salaried non-exempt. Now, as they are changing our base salary and our commision pay struction February 1, is is legal for thme to not tell us what the change is until the 7th of february or even later if they don't get the info to us by February? Does any US law protect empoyees from having their pay changed without proper communication? Or doe IL at employee at will lays negate this issue?

U.S. Wage and Hour Law? No, not specifically. But Illinois law, to my recollection, requires that a decrease in compensation rate be communicated to the employees before the time is worked at the lower rate. Problem here is that we don't know the effect of the changes. Who knows, it may be an effective increase.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Illinois - Employers shall notify employees, at the time of hiring, of the rate of pay and of the time and place of payment. Whenever possible, such notification shall be in writing and shall be acknowledged by both parties. **Employers shall also notify employees of any changes in the arrangements, specified above, prior to the time of change.** Employers shall keep records of names and addresses of all employees and of wages paid each payday, and shall furnish each employee with an itemized statement of deductions made from his wages for each pay period. Every employer shall post and keep posted at each regular place of business in a position easily accessible to all employees one or more notices indicating the regular paydays and the place and time for payment of his employees, and on forms supplied from time to time by the Department of Labor.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Ah, Betty3 strikes again.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I wish I had the resources Betty does. Or else the research skills.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
            I wish I had the resources Betty does. Or else the research skills.
            Ditto.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X