This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ot

i wish my department would allow for all that comp time. We only can accrue 56 hours thewn all pay. We get mandatory stuck ot of at least 8 hours a week and 16 hours a week all summer. We would be able to use at least 50 extra days off a year if we had unlimited comp time that would be great. Around here in nj dept's are gettin rid of cmp time all together just wanted to let you see the flip side.

B

Comment

I work for a University Police Department we get all kinds of mandatory overtime with all of our sporting events, concerts and shows. I understand comp time is valuable to a certain extent however comp time does not pay the bills and when you are barely make enough to get by comp time is useless for the simple reason you have to have money to enjoy your days off. I made 17,000 in overtime this past year I would much rather be paid 17,000 than have a few more weeks off a year.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X