This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAY DAY California

The current employer for which I am working for is located in Northern California, I work in the office which is located in Southern California. When I was hired on with the company I was told that/given in writing that I would get paid every Thursday. I have been with the company a little over a month and I have yet to see my check on a Thursday, either I have to wait at home all day to see if my check will come in the mail or if I have to wait until Monday to get it, if im lucky I mean.

Is this correct?

Maybe. The rule is on when the check is mail, not on when the check is received. What does the postmark say? Past that, do you have access to direct deposit? If so, problem permenantly solved.

If instead the employer is actually mailing late, there is the possiblity of the state fining the employer. And if your employer does not have money, that at some point a new employer is in order.

I will give a pointer to the CA payment rules.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Paydays.htm
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X