This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15, Pregnant & Working Florida

Ok to start off with I am 15 and 31 weeks pregnant. I live in Florida.
    I have been working at (fast food chain) since the middle of last year.
    I am aware of the minor labor laws, but do they still apply to me since I am pregnant?

Thanks.
    Last edited by cbg; 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM.

The fact that you are pregnant is irrelevant (don't get me started). Yes, they still apply to you. I take it you aren't in school at all?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      The fact that you are pregnant is irrelevant (don't get me started). Yes, they still apply to you. I take it you aren't in school at all?
      Actually I graduate in May. Yes I am in school, I am a Senior and I have been going to alternative schools since before I was pregnant. That is how I got so many credits. AND I will be dont with school by May.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwijuicyjuice View Post
        ...AND I will be dont with school by May...
        What does that mean?
        “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by seniorjudge View Post
          What does that mean?

I meant I will be done with school this May 2008.
          It was a typo.

Comment

No, you will have completed your courses in May.

Cakes get done. People complete (or finish) their tasks.

Good luck.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

The laws do not change because you are pregnant. You are still a minor and subject to those laws, pregnant or not.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

A few laws do change....

The only laws I know of that change when I minor gets pregnant involve being able to consent to ones own medical treatment, and to medical treatment for the child after it's born. Though I'm sure it's not in all states.

Comment

But that's separate from employment law. Employment laws, which is what we are discussing here, do not change.
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X