X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    Patty - thanks. I wasn't trying to say I know something you don't know. I just had the info & wanted verified by a payroll person. It seems there is a time limit if there is an agreement.... I like you, Patty (oh, & you too DAW)

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    This is why I avoid answering state specific questions. I know that I do not know the answer in 49 states.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    I sit corrected to the research queen.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Patty, I know you work payroll but I have this info on Colorado commissions - what do you think about it? Betty

Colorado commissions earned in accordance with the terms of an agreement are considered wages & must be paid in accordance with the time limits provided in the Wage Claim Act. Pay periods are to be no greater in duration than a calendar mo. or 30 days, whichever is greater. Paydays are to occur no later than 10 days following the close of each pay period.

reference C.R.S. statute 8-4-101 et seq. (private employers)

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Yes, it's legal because there is no law mandating a specific time period.

Leave a comment:

• competcyclist
    started a topic Commission pay Colorado

Commission pay Colorado

I have worked at a car dealership in Colorado for five years as a service advisor and am paid on commission. The dealership I work for takes up to three weeks or more at times to pay our commission. Is this legal? All other dealers I know of pay within ten days of month end close?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X