This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex- employer withholding pay until sign quit notice - Oklahoma

My husband quit his job 31/2 to 4 weeks ago and we were told he would have to turn in his fuel card before he could get paid and we did that and today we got a letter in the mail saying he has to go there and sign this notice. In the state of oklahoma can your ex employer hold your check until you come in and sign a termination/quit notice?

According to my chart on this sort of thing the rules for a terminated employee in Oklahoma payment is due by "Next regular payday (by certified mail if employee requests".

OK is not my state, and I do not know anything past what I just said. I do know that the employee in theory can file a wage claim with state DOL for unpaid wages and neither the gas card not turned in or some form not signed are legal reasons to not pay the employee.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

final paycheck Ok: Employers in Oklahoma must pay wages in full, less offsets, at the next regular designated payday established for the pay period in which the work was performed. Payment must be made by regular pay channels or by certified mail, postmarked within the deadline if requested by the employee. A CBA may supersede this section.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

withheld pay

Thank you for your quick response. I'm sorry but i don't know what a CBA is can you tell me. thank you
        Also does the same laws apply if the person quit their job?
        Last edited by citygirl987; 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM. Reason: added another question

Comment

Collective Bargaining Agreement.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thank you.
            What is a Collective Bargaining Agreement?

Comment

Union contract.
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for all your comments and answers they of great help and use.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X