This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• withholding pay Virginia

this is in virginia, my manager and i r friends we got into an argument and i ended up leaving the company that i work for. he docked my pay for the previous week saying that he had to pay for a hole that he claims i punched through the wall months before. he's also been known to smash holes and break things himself. he also treated me worse and put tasks on me that r above my pay grade. there is alot more to this but based on the pay docking alone do i have any type of case?

Case for what? If you haven't been paid all the wages due you, or the employer made a deduction for damage from your pay without your authorization, then file a claim with the state Dept. of Labor.

In the future, please use complete words and sentences and proper capitalization and punctuation. You're trying to get your point across to people so they can help you; the harder you make it, the less help you'll get. This isn't text messaging we're doing here. Thanks.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X