Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File a FLSA wage claim too, so you have "black letter" protection against retaliation.

Comment

Yes thats what im worried about,Is there anyway filing this ss-8 can put me in a worse mess that im aready in?I mean this guy has money and i dont,Am i opening a can of worms?I have a couple of reciepts to show they buy the supplies(i probally had a hundred but never saved) to send with the form, i have the 1099's thats it.
      what is a flsa wage claim?I have to quit becuse this guy is gonna be pissed.Which i plan on anyways (in 2 months i can find a full time real job cause i will be off ssda then)When i first started i was hourly but 2 years ago i have been on a salary so i agreed to it..Im not hiding what i made cause i always stayed in the limits of ss.(and ss knows i was working they said it was unsubstatial)but if that wage claim will protect me some how could you be more specific.The funny thing is i always thought this guy was a friend.And i am sure he knows about all the costs involved that i was suppose to be paying.But i know now money means more to him then friendship

Comment

YOU aren't required to pay into Worker's Comp as an employee. That's the employer's responsibility to cover his employees.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

SO work comp will eventually come after me for not paying into it for 6 years?
          Ok heres what i dont understand, What exactly was i suppose to pay?I am making payments to the irs monthly so i know the irs,If i am declared a employee will he have to pay a percentage of what i owe?
          THIS IS GONNA BE HARD FOR ME TO EXPLAIN BUT HERE GOES
          ok what is this guy getting by with by having me an ic,As it stands now I am just paying the irs,What should you pay when you are an ic,
          heres what i think so far,this guy hires me as an ic to avoid paying into work comp and unemployment so who is responsible me?ARE THEY GONNA SEND ME A BILL?I know i am dragging this on but im just trying to get a better understanding,can you please ''spell'' this out for me.I appreciate it thanks

Comment

Employers pay Workers Compensation. You are legally either an Independant Contractor (not very likely) or an employee. You are not an employer based on what you have said. Based on what you have said, no one is coming after you for not paying into Worker's Compensation.

-----

Also, not your question, but is is past time for you to find a real job with a real employer. All of this other stuff is maybe interesting, but none of it address the core problem, that you are working for a *******.
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

OK please answer this,if i file this ss-8 and am declared an employee, will this save me money,being what i am paying the irs,VERSUS if i dont file it.
              I guess what i am sying is am i opening a can of worms?
              As i stand now i just pay the irs monthly,I am afraid if i file WHAT then?
              I am not owed anything i can just quit {beside the fact they will keep bugging me to work for them)
              I know i am being tooken advantage of, BUT its hard to find work on ss so i did it.Now i am off ss and can finnally work full time somewhere.
              Right now what im thinking is,Its best to file this ss-8 if i got hurt on the job,am owed money for overtime,wasnt paid min wage,etc,,but i am not
              I mean i want to file just for the simple fact i never had a bussiness they created it.SO what is the benniffit to me for filing the ss8 if i am quiting anyways thanks

Comment

ok you spelled it out for me thanks alot.ILL BE CALLING IRS WHEN I GET MY TAX PAPER

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X