This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASTAWAY117 Texas

Payday Period Ends On Thursdays With Pay Being Friday. The Company Uses Direct Deposit Only. My Problem Is If You Do Not Bank Where The Company Does, You Do Not Get Your Deposit At Your Bank Until The Following Tuesday. Is This Within The Laws Of Texas? Thank You

There is no way to get paid by direct deposit the same day that payroll is processed. I would think that payment could be in the account on Mondays except when Monday is a holiday (That is the way we do it for our temps with pay periods ending on Thursday).

The way you are being paid by the company is legal. Frankly, them paying employees the day after the end of the pay period is the best that they could do without paying "current" (like paying you on Thursday even though the company does not really know how many hours you will be working that day).
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

I agree with ScottB. It's also very possible that the employer's bank is doing "on us" deposits, where the direct deposit records do NOT go through the Automated Clearing House, but get posted directly to the accounts of the holders. When I worked for a large nationwide bank many years ago, this is how our direct deposit worked.

In Texas, even a Tuesday payday is legal for the pay period ending on the previous Thursday.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks

Thank You All For The Posts And Answers. I Too, Am A Retired Banker Of 38 Years, Guess The Difference Is Local Clearing House For Same Day Processing. Have A Great Week

Comment

For future reference, please do not capitalize each word; it makes your post hard to read.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X