X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas709
    replied
    Originally posted by curiousQ View Post
    My question is: Are there any laws that state my employer can do this if I've formally put in a resignation letter? If they can, I may end up stuck in my old position for several months!!! How can this be legal?

1)There are no laws that say your employer can do this.
    2)There is also no law that says your employer may not do this.

How can it be legal? See #2

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    Yes they can put the kabosh on the transfer. They can't force you to work for them as indentured servitude went the way of the dinosaur, but they do not have to hire you into the new position after you quit the old one. in fact, many employers would not do so.

Leave a comment:

• curiousQ
    started a topic Employer Prohibiting Transfer Within Company Florida

Employer Prohibiting Transfer Within Company Florida

I work for a medium size company (about 1,200 employees) and I've recently accepted a new position in another department that is within the same company. I've put in a notice to my supervisor, who then forwarded it to upper management. The upper management in the department I'm leaving,is putting a halt on my transition to the new position. They stated that until adequate replacements are found and trained, I MUST remain in my old position!!

Keep in mind, my new job is a promotion and also involves a salary increase. I'm excited about the new position and while I will miss a few colleagues, I'm most certainly relieved to be under new management.

My question is: Are there any laws that state my employer can do this if I've formally put in a resignation letter? If they can, I may end up stuck in my old position for several months!!! How can this be legal?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by curiousQ; 01-18-2008, 07:30 AM. Reason: more info.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X