X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christamcd
    replied
    Since the law does not require you to be given raises (with the exception of minimum wage increases), you in turn are not intitled to a retroactive raise.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    The law does not require that you be given retropay.

Leave a comment:

• peterpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRed View Post
    Nah, no laws as such. It is doubtfull that the review policy would be an enforcable a contract. It would mostly be a matter of courtesy. You might have a case if you were the only one of the employees who got a late review that was not given retropay.
    i was given a late review and i asked for retropay, and they said no.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    I agree - no law.

Leave a comment:

• TheRed
    replied
    Nah, no laws as such. It is doubtfull that the review policy would be an enforcable a contract. It would mostly be a matter of courtesy. You might have a case if you were the only one of the employees who got a late review that was not given retropay.

Leave a comment:

• peterpeter
    started a topic Late review - retroactive pay? California

Late review - retroactive pay? California

I am a salaried employee that lives and works fora CA based company. My yearly review is in September and it is customary for the company to give reviews at the very minimum. This past year, after numerous reminders to my immediate supervisor and the HR dept., I was given my review (with a raise) in Feb of this year. My question is, are there laws entitling me to retroactive pay? Is it just out of courtesy that the majority of employers give retro pay following a late review (I have never worked for a company that didn't retroactive a late review that had a raise attached to it)? It later came to my attention that many employees are given late reviews, and when requesting retro pay I got no "real" response.

I appreciate your time and assistance in these matters.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X