Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

California unpaid wages

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California unpaid wages

    I went to labor commissioner, won the case, they entered a judgement, its been 5yrs unable to collect.

    What do I do, take this as a huge loss, tax write off???

    So the judgement was entered on August 6, 2003.

    Department of Industrial Relations
    Solona County/Superior Court

    I was awared $13,333.34 for wages Section 98.1(c)
    1,380 Interest Section 98.1
    9,230 for addition wages accrued Section 203 (as penalty)

    Total was: $23,944.86

    I called FTB and they stopped collection attempts in 2006.

  • #2
    Talk to a lawyer. That is your best bet.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    • #3
      You won't be able to write the unpaid wages unless you had basis in them (i.e. you had included them in income at some point). You might be able to write off any expenses you incurred in trying to collect the wages. You should definitly sit down with your tax guy.

      Too add to ElleMd's advice, you should contact a "collections" attorney, which is a specialty unto itself. You might even be able to unload it onto a factor/debt collector.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.