This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel time pay for California? California

I have tried looking up the California albor law for travel time pay but i cont find anything pertaining to my question. I work for a sub contractor where we report to work in the morning at the office and take a work truck from there to the job site. The employer is telling my i do not get paid for Travel time from the office to the job and the job site back. I mean some moring we may spend time doing work at the office in the morning before we actually leave to go to the job site. Im not sure how this work out, where im clocked in on the job then suddenly clocked out as soon as i drive away in the truck.

Thanks

If you are required to report to the office first, and return there at the end of the job, then that is compensable time. Federal law.
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.38.htm
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X