This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime + Training Michigan

My employer is ok with paying overtime for the job Salary in this case $9 I know but the economy here stinks trying to get by. and trying to get raises I have work with them since last summer they say I'm a great employee but are yet to give me or anybody else I know a raise so somebody hired today makes the same wage. yeah makes me feel good. but my other issue is from time to time they do training which may put me over 40 hours there policy that training pay is separate not only get overtime but they only pay minimum wage for the training is the legal. company is based in Ohio this might be ok there but my understanding in Michigan it is not. and is it legal for them to pay minium wage when my base salary is $9. to put it simple.

40+ hours do I get overtime even for training held in there office
    Can they pay me minimum wage for the training.
    working on the raise part but if I find something better I will be history.

Here are the laws regarding training. Note in the first section, that ALL 4 must be true, otherwise the time is compensable.
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.27.htm
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.28.htm

Now, once the training hours are compensable (i.e., work hours), then they must be included with your regular work hours when determining whether or not overtime is due. The training hours may, however, be paid at minimum wage. Makes the overtime calculation a little more complex, but it is legal.

Friendly hint. If you post back, please try to use complete sentences, punctuation and proper capitalization. I had to read your post several times to understand the issues. We're not texting here. Thank you.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X