Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

dock pay Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dock pay Georgia

    if you clock in 30 min to an hr before your shift, can you be docked?

    if you work a day or a whole week without getting a break and you clock "no break", can your manager go back into your time and put in that you had a break even though you didn't?

  • #2
    If you're a non-exempt employee, you have to be paid for all time worked.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      Assuming that you are a Non-Exempt employee, then you almost certainly must be paid for actual hours worked. That is black letter federal law (FLSA). "Clocks" per se legally do not mean much. For example, you said that you clocked in early, you did not say that you were actually working early. The employer can certainly dock a Non-Exempt employees for time not actually worked. The employer cannot legally dock a Non-Exempt employee for a lunch not actually taken. You need to phrase your issue in terms of actual hours worked and not in terms of hours "clocked".

      However, just to be clear, if you doing something the employer told you not to do, like clocking in early, they can legally terminate you for that. They cannot refuse to pay you for hours worked, but they can fire you for working unapproved hours.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.