This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation time paid 3 months late California

I terminated my job with two weeks notice in the beginning of September and received a last paycheck within the required time. My unused vacation pay totaling over 2 weeks was not paid out to me even though I was told it was going to. In Dec I had to call the corporate office and put in an inquiry. After a week I was gotten back to and a check was sent out for 2 weeks because they could not verify how many hours I had logged for unused pay nor did they have any reason for not paying me except "It slipped through the cracks". I received the check around Dec 29th. My question for you is that since they did not get me the vacation pay until 90 days later under the California wages law that I should have been paid the full amount within 72 hours am I entitled to penalty fees? Is this worth me pursuing?

BTW: I live in SF California

I would definitely file the claim for late payment; however, the law provides for a maximum of 30 days "waiting period" penalty only.
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Paydays.htm
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X