This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California

Beginning January 1, California has changed their labor laws for Exempt employees as it relates to over time. I need to know what the new regulations are. or where I can find them? input/help?
    --

The only change I know of is automatic, i.e., the weekly minimum salary changes when the minimum wage increases. Therefore, the minimum weekly salary for exempt employees is now $640 (twice the minimum wage X 40 hours).
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agreed. If CA has any other changes effecting Exempt employees effective January 1st, they are keeping them very quiet. If such changes had occured, I would have expected to find them here.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_OvertimeExemptions.htm
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

California

Thank you both for your reply. At the risk of sounding ignorant, does this include overtime? That seems to be the center of information I've been asked to find out? The laws for overtime for exempt employees. I do appreciate your help.

Comment

What does overtime have to do with exempt employees? Nothing. "Exempt" means exempt from the overtime provisions of the law.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

If you are an exempt employee, you do not get overtime in any state.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

California

Please do not shoot the messenger. I was given a specific question to answer/research. It was

Beginning January 1, California has changed their labor laws for Exempt employees as it relates to over time. I need to know what the new regulations are.
              --

Thank you for your input.

Comment

And the answer is, there ain't no such thing.

Comment

The answer is, there is no law in California beginning January 1 or any other date that changes the laws on overtime for all exempt employees.

IF AND ONLY IF you are exempt under the Computer Professional exemption AND are paid hourly, the rate at which you become exempt from overtime has been changed from $41 to $36.

This represents the sum total of changes to California law as affects exempt employees or overtime provision.
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by rah1 View Post
                    Beginning January 1, California has changed their labor laws for Exempt employees as it relates to over time. I need to know what the new regulations are.
                    Is there an actual source where someone is getting this from? It might be easier to answer your question if we could reference that source.
                    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X