X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScottB
    replied
    There is no requirement that the company pay an exempt employee anything more than the regular salary, no matter how many hours worked.

There is no requirement that employees get vacation pay, sick leave, holidays. When the company calls, although inconvenient when you are lounging on the beach in the Bahamas, you take the call or risk the consequences.

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    If the employee is not losing any pay, then it is legal. The law doesn't govern PTO, so if part of using your sick or vacation leave means that you still must check in with the office as needed, that is not illegal. It is far from uncommon for exempt employees to stay connected when away from the office.

If he is on unpaid leave and the time spent is not negligible, then he must be paid for that day.

Leave a comment:

• daka162
    started a topic Salaried Exempt contact during off time

Salaried Exempt contact during off time

My husband is salary exempt at a company in pennsylvania. My questions is when you are on your own time, vacation, sick or unpaid leave and are called by work and have to actively participate either by phone or by actually physically doing something during that time, are you supposed to be compensated as regular time?

This happens frequently to salaried exempt employees at this company and I was wondering how that all worked.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X