X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    Need more detail on your job duties. Do you follow technical manuals and established procedures? This is one of the opinion letters I was thinking of:
    http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/opinion/F...26_42_FLSA.pdf

Leave a comment:

• probowler
    replied
    I am a systems adminstrator (defined as level 3 server support)

If a server goes down we are responsible to bring it back up.

Same thing with e-mail or printing services.

I also must add that I have been contracting under the same job title for 7 years and weather it was 20$ an hour or 40$ an hour I always got paid time 1/2. This is the only company who has not.
    Last edited by probowler; 01-04-2008, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    It sounds like the employer is treating you as exempt under the Computer Professional exemption, which doesn't mandate overtime pay at all.
    http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/complian...a_overview.pdf

However, what exactly do you do? I think I remember seeing a couple of DOL opinion letters that stated that Network Administrators (depending on their duties) did not meet the criteria.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 01-04-2008, 12:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• probowler
    started a topic Massachusetts OT law

Massachusetts OT law

Hi There,

Just wondering. I am a subcontractor for a technical company. My job title is a Systems Adminitrator.

I get paid houlry at the rate of 35$ an hour.

After a few weeks on the job we were required to work more then 40 hours but only getting paid straight time and not time and 1/2. I called the company asking them why they did pay time 1/2 and they said once you make x number an hour they dont have to pay time 1/2.

I think they are wrong and did some research and all I can come up with is that there is NO cap on what you make per hour. If you get paid by the hour you get time 1/2 after 40 hours in one week.

Now that the year is over I have worked 282 hours of overtime last year.

Am I entitled to $17.50 x 282 hours?

Thanks Probowler
    Last edited by probowler; 01-04-2008, 12:04 AM.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X