This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b fee penalty Florida

I am in Orlando, FL. I was hired by one company called H. At that time the offer mentioned that they will sponsor us for working visa. But later H was bought by another one called G. Then G began to apply H1b visa for us.

At that time, G asked all the foreign employees to sigh one contract which mentioned that we need to pay back the expense once we decided to leave within 2 years.

1. I just wonder whether it is allowable based on Law. If it is not allowed, where is the original description of the Law? How should I argue with them?

2. From law 20 CFR Section 655.731.c.9.III, I found that
    (E) Is an amount that does not exceed the limits set for garnishment of wages in the Consumer Credit Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. 1673, and the regulations of the Secretary pursuant to that Act, 29 CFR part 870, under which garnishment(s) may not exceed 25 percent of an employee's disposable earnings for a workweek.

Currently my weekly salary is only 900 dollars, however, the H1b visa fee (including the lawyer fee they paid for the lawyer) is 4300 dollars. Is that menas I only need to pay them 900* 0.25=225 dollars?

Thank you very much

duplicate post (pretty much)
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X