Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On call 24/7 - only paid for products sold (Indiana)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On call 24/7 - only paid for products sold (Indiana)

If an employee is required to be on call 24/7 for 7 days in a row, but only gets paid for the products sold, should he be compensated for his time? He must be available at all times. The call center makes the appointments and then call to tell him where to be and when. There is no choice as to whether rescheduling can occur. This makes it difficult for a personallife to be possible for the 7 days he is required to be at there beck and call. 24 x 7=168 hours of time that he cannot plan any outside activities, (unless he is able toleave and fulfill the sales call scheduled). This is the heating and cooling industry (HVAC). He is required to be in the office during normal business hours as well as the 24/7 x7 rule. This is on a 3 salemen rotation. The equipment is purchased from a deler and then sold directly through his place of employment, I am not sure whether or not that is considered retail/resale or wholesale. I don't understand the exempt / non-exempt rule from the DOL, it is confusing tome. If you have any help, I would appreciate your time and effort.

Thank you in advance,
    Kim

Thanks,
    Kim

Duplicate post.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X