This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful Corrective Action? Pennsylvania

On Thursday last week, we had a pretty bad ice storm. On Tuesday and Wednesday preceding, I asked my direct report if I called off due to weather, if it would entail any corrective action. He said no, and that weather related call-offs can not be used against someone as far as corrective action. Today, he told me he was wrong about the policy and said I would be put on written warning.

Is this something a manager can do? Tell you one thing and do another?

Originally posted by castido View Post
    weather related call-offs can not be used against someone as far as corrective action.
    If that is the company policy, it is a stupid one, but hold them to it, if you can. If that was the dumb comment of someone that did not know better (likely), then you have a write up. A write up is not the kiss of death.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Right, but I mean, he's my manager. I didn't just ask another employee.

Comment

Originally posted by castido View Post
        Right, but I mean, he's my manager. I didn't just ask another employee.
        I understood that.

I also understand that even managers can say things that are not in accordance with company policy. Sometimes they don't understand the rules laid out in the company policy manual.
        Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Ah ok.

This isn't the first time he's been wrong about something. But I thought he corrected that problem. That's why I asked him so many times. Next time, I'll go higher for my info. Thanks.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X