This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withholding Pay Nebraska

My wife works for a cell phone company that has not been paying their' employees the amount they should be. They claim this is due to errors or glitches in their' payroll and continually claim to be fixing it. It has been months with no resolution to the problem. What can we do, isn't there a law requiring the correction in a certain amount of time?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no mandated time frame regarding the correction of errors. Patty? DAW?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

No, not as such, cbg.

But, OP, what exactly are the errors? Short hours? Pay rate? Differential or commissions? Any possible recourse is going to depend on what type of errors are being made.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Also, are errors always going in the employer's favor only?
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The errors are on commision and only go in the favor of the employer.

Comment

Nebraska is not my state, and the laws related to payments and late payment penalties (if any) and commissions for that matter are very state specific. I would say however that a good argument could be made that errors which only go in the employers favor are not errors are at all. Whether or not Nebraska would be interested in such an argument is beyond my knowledge.
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X