This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we still use old TD visa? California

I have TN visa, child has a TD visa. Both visas are valid till Nov 2008. Now I changes the job and gets a new TN visa. Do I have to apply for a new TD visa depending on the new TN for child? Or the child can use the old TD visa till Nov 2008?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/ty...s_1274.html#11

I'm a bit rusty as I haven't had a TD visa in a few years but I do not believe you need a new visa as long as you are still working under a valid TN visa. The TD visa isn't tied to an employer but rather your visa status.

It wouldn't hurt to give the embassy a call to be sure that nothing has changed in the past few years.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Thank you very much, ElleMD. I will be working for the company with my new TN visa. Question is, I will not work for my previous company, is the old TN/TD visa still valid?

Comment

The TN is not, but I believe the TD still is as that is not employer specific. Again, it has been a few years since I've dealt with this so a call to the embassy or consulate would not be a bad thing.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I just called a lawyer about it and got the similar answer as you said. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy viv View Post
            Thanks a lot! I just called a lawyer about it and got the similar answer as you said. Thanks again.
            Not surprising. ElleMD is very good on this subject.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X