X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who pays for the uniform in the work place? Florida

Hello!
    I work in the salon in FL and Employer requires to wear special uniform (and it's expensive). Now they are going to charge us for it. I was wondering if it's any law about it and I would love to know if I absolutely HAVE TO pay for it or employer pays by law. Especially in the case when I am leaving the job but I still have to pay so I can keep uniform I am not gonna use?
    Thank you,
    Natasha

This is allowed (with restrictions) under federal law. FL is mostly a "just like federal" state other then a higher then federal minimum wage.

The (very poorly written) federal rules basically say that this type of deduction is "for the convience of the employer" and that the employer must pay you at least minimum wage (plus all paid overtime) after the deduction is made.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs16.htm
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X