X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel compensation New York

What are the compesable travel laws??
    If I normally travel say 27 miles to our shop but now my boss says I have to go 60 miles or more to a jobsite daily (with my own vehicle)for 3 mos at a time,what is his responsibility??

Shouldnt I be compensated somehow??
    Last edited by slow; 11-28-2007, 03:42 PM.

Are you being asked to drive to the shop first, then on to the job site, or are you just now reporting to this jobsite directly from your home?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

If you are being required to go to the shop first (to pick up material, a work truck or other workers) then he has to pay you for your time from the shop to the job site, and reimburse you mileage.

If you are required to drive from home to the job site, then you need not be reimbursed for anything and your time does not need to be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by JulieBean View Post
        and reimburse you mileage.
        Not in New York, he doesn't. Unless you know of I law I don't.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
          Not in New York, he doesn't. Unless you know of I law I don't.
          Oops! Thank you Patty! Forgot we were talking about NY.

Comment

Yes it will be from my house....all trucks are slowly being removed .Guess I will be looking for new employment!!
            Thanx !!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X