This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA minimum wage for automobile salespeople Georgia

I've searched with no definite answer. Please help me...

I work full-time, 50+ hours per week for a car dealership on full commission. We have NO DRAW and no minimum wage. If I sell no cars in a pay period, I receive NO paycheck but am still required to work my schedule. Is this illegal?

Anybody have any idea? Could you point me to a specific DOL law?

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs11.htm

Numerous exemptions exist which remove certain types of employees from specified requirements of the FLSA. Among those most commonly applicable to automobile dealerships is one which exempts certain sales and parts personnel, mechanics, and service writers from the overtime requirements. Another exempts certain managers and administrative employees from the minimum wage and overtime requirements.

------

You probably need to be paid at least minimum wage, but please read the entire fact sheet and not just the parts that seem to say what you want to hear.
    Last edited by DAW; 11-15-2007, 07:40 PM.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thanks, DAW. I guess the automobile dealership lobby has been more successful than I thought.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I guess, although arguably the "sheepherders lobby" has been more sucessful.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thanks for your fast responses. From what I'm reading, the provision states that I am exempt only from overtime and not minimum wage. I think I should get some legal help.\

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X