This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Kentucky

Few things.... and hopefully this question is not a repeat!!!

I work as a OTR CDL B Driver. I get payed by the mile! My HR tells me that be-ins I work three days a week that I'm considered a part time employee because I don't put in more then 30hrs a week???? Hm mm I didn't know that you had to put in a certain hr for a mileage pay to be a part time or full time employee??? The driver before me for two years did not have to do this. Help please!!

Also my Boss and I have had a face to face confrontation almost a year ago ( no hand to hand, just verbal threats from him, that we can take this out to the parking lot and invading my space with no where to go ) this came up because he said that me and a former employee was d***ing around, and I stood up for me and my partner stating that we wasn't d***ing around that we had to fix several vehicles and that we had a long drive.... well he apologized and said that he didn't know we had to go to this location! But all that said was done! I didn't go to anyone higher up because this is my best friends dad and its a small Co. with a lot of members related to each other there and I didn't think that it would have helped but make it worse on me! Well I think its going to happen again tomorrow! I tried to call him to let him know that if he needed me to come in on my day off to make up these hrs that I have to do to keep my full time stats, that I couldn't due Tuesday due to my kids being home for election day! he said that he received no calls from me and that I was being wrote up for no call no show... and I said what ever (Boss name) he said what? I said what ever... he said I want you in my office after you get back from your route and you better be there promptly!!.................. What do I do?

First question. I'm already confused. What does whether you are classified as full-time or part-time have to do with your pay? Generally speaking, full-time or part-time has meaning only as relates to eligibility for insurance or other benefits.

Second issue. You show up in his office as requested or you risk being fired. The employer is not required by any law to take your child care issues into consideration.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agreed.

If you should have come in on Tuesday and did not, you can be termed for it. The fact that you had to take care of your children doesn't count.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Your employer makes the rules/requirements - they have to be followed or you can be fired.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X