This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
    Problem is is has not been established yet this was a work related injury and to try to claim WC after termination may be difficult
    How would i prove its a work related injury ?
    How do i go to the doctor , they canceled my insurance the same day of termination, So no money , no insurance = no doctor

Comment

OP ? not sure what that is , i assume original post(er).

Comment

I said in my OP that i believe it to be directly related to my day to day duties at my work place.

Comment

But you failed to report that to your employer!
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Mystyyk View Post
            I said in my OP that i believe it to be directly related to my day to day duties at my work place.
            my friend, i say to go see a attorney. you can get this into workers comp. i had same thing happen to me. go back to ER and complain about the pain, and tell them you believe it is work related. tell the attorney you go see, that it is work related you do believe, and you feel the company let you go so soon as to prevent you from filing for WC. you can send me a privet message if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
              And neither do we. The OP's original post didn't mention anything about it being work-related.
              But one of his subsequent posts did.

Comment

You can continue posting here which won't get you anywhere, since nobody but you and your employer can DO anything about the situation. You need to call your employer and inform them that you wish to make a WC claim for your back injury.

Comment

Doesn't mean it was caused by your work. Very easily could mean that your work aggravated a previously known (or unknown) condition. However, I may have missed it in his subsequent posts; if so, my apologies.
                  I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Filing a WC claim will be very difficult as Op never told employer about injury and based on Op's posts there is no confirmation that it was a work injury.

Comment

That may be so. However, it is a guarantee that if he does not notify the employer NOW, nothing will change; if he does notify the employer now, they may rethink the termination.
                      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Good point

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X