This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight savings time pay Florida

I worked from 7pm nov 3rg untill 7am nov 4th.. Which = 12 hours but due to the savings time I really worked 13 hours. The company is saying they will pay 12 hrs only which I believe is not fair or right.. Where can I find more info for this question?

I'm not sure you're going to find a law that specifically states you must be paid the extra hour for DST changeover, but the overriding intent of the federal wage and hour law is that you are paid for all hours worked, period. The problem you have is that it's one hour of pay (and maybe at the overtime rate), but it's going to be VERY low on the federal DOL's part for investigating a claim, and your only other legal recourse is a civil suit (small claims court) for which the fee would likely be more than the pay.

Stinks, but that's realism. Your choice.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

http://www.dol.gov/elaws/esa/flsa/ho...screenER11.asp

In most states you could just file a wage claim with state DOL, but FL in it's wisdom got rid of their state DOL some years ago. This action only leaves you with the remedies Patty describes.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

It seems from your post you are a non-exempt employee. Therefore, you should be paid for all hours worked & in order to get the wages due you need to sue in small claims court if you believe it would be worth it.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

This doesn't change the answers above, which are correct, but it might help your argument.

Did you work the night we changed the clocks forward in April, when an 8 hour shift was actually only 7 hours? If so, how many hours were you paid for that night?
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X