X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    Then I'd file a claim with the ICA for an improper deduction from pay.

Leave a comment:

• gelham01
    replied
    Cell Phone Deduction

They never had me sign anything when they gave me the phone, or when they deducted it out of my check.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Probably not. Did you sign anything at all when they gave you the phone?
    http://www.ica.state.az.us/faqs/labo...ent_laws.html#

Leave a comment:

• moburkes
    replied
    Originally posted by gelham01 View Post
    When I started my job they gave me a cell phone for business use. I have used it for two previous months. The company has paid the monthly bill for those two months. I was terminated in the third month. They said that I went over my cell phone minutes. I received my last check and they had deducted the entire monthly cell phone bill out of my check. They never had me sign anything in regards to the phone. Can they legally take that out of my check, especially when they had paid it the last two months? This phone was used only for business too.
    Are you saying that you went over your minutes, but only for business use? Did you make any calls after your employment terminated? Did you make any personal calls whatsoever?

Leave a comment:

• gelham01
    started a topic Cell Phone Deduction Arizona

Cell Phone Deduction Arizona

When I started my job they gave me a cell phone for business use. I have used it for two previous months. The company has paid the monthly bill for those two months. I was terminated in the third month. They said that I went over my cell phone minutes. I received my last check and they had deducted the entire monthly cell phone bill out of my check. They never had me sign anything in regards to the phone. Can they legally take that out of my check, especially when they had paid it the last two months? This phone was used only for business too.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X