Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

NOT PAID Kentucky

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NOT PAID Kentucky

    I recently left a job at a mortgage company that my employer still owed me money for some items that I purchased. Also upon giving my notice he told me that he would pay me if any of my loans closed. Which they did close and I still have not got any money. Is there anything that I can do? I have emails that say he will pay me for both.
    Last edited by mholbert1; 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM.

  • #2
    This is two separate unrelated issues:
    - Expense reimbursement is a labor law issue in California only. In the other 49 states the only legal recourse is through regular or small claim courts.
    - Assuming you are legally an employee who is paid wages with taxes withheld and receive a W2 at year end (sorry if this sounds obvious, but this is not true for all workers who process mortgages), then basically you are saying that you have a potential wage claim against your former employer. I know zip about your state, and different states can have very different rules on commissions (assuming that is what you meant by "loan"), but the general rule of thumb is that would file a wage claim with your state's DOL. Perhaps another responder who knows more about your state can amplify.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.