This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time clock fraud California Colorado

I have recently committed time clock fraud. I paid the company back in full restitution the very next day. I am going to court for this. It is my first real offense ever in my entire life I am 19 years of age. I live in colorado I was wondering what you people would think would be punishment for what I have done? The max is 1000$ or 1yr prison or both I am extremely scared I honestly didnt even know that this was a crime.
    Thank you
    Matt

What is the charge? Theft?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

yes, misdemeanor class 2 theft. The officer said I shoudl not be worried about it since it is my first offense but i really do not know.

Comment

Anyone know what will most likey be the outcome of this?

Comment

Pay the fine. Possibly a little bit of probation on a first offender status. Make sure the judge is fully aware that you sincerely regret stealing from your employer. Don't get all emotional but sincere remorse goes a long way in a court of law. Hopefully you have learned how very wrong this is and won't repeat this mistake ever. Right?

Good luck to you.

KM
          Information posted by me is my "OPINION". I do NOT give legal advice to anyone as like most here I am NOT an attorney.

Comment

Kick Me may be correct; however, since this really doesn't fall under employment law I doubt anyone can give you more than a guess.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

well thank you for responding i thought that this was the right place. I do apologize. Yes, I have learned my lesson. Very very well.

Comment

Not a problem, kingpin. It's just that, at this point, the situation is now a matter of criminal law, not employment law. Also, the fact that you have already made restitution should bode well for you.

Good luck and I'm glad you've learned one of the lessons of the working world.
                I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

164$ fine and it will leave my record if i stay out of trouble for next year plus a petty theft class thanks guys!

Comment

Good result kingpin. You won't do that again, right?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X