This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire 7.5 hour scheduled shift cut! Pennsylvania

Today my entire 7.5 hour shift at a retail clothing store was cut due to store sales coming in below the "plan" for the week. I'm sure it's not illegal, but I find this to be morally wrong. If I had an "on-call" shift where I wasn't guaranteed the hours, it would be a little more understandable, but this was a scheduled shift and I was counting on those hours (and that lousy $75 before taxes)! This, to me, shows that my employer is more concerned with their bottom line than taking care of their employees, i.e. allowing them to work their scheduled shifts. I'm quitting this place as soon as I get a full-time job anyway, but ugh! Thanks for letting me get it off my chest!

Cassie, good luck with your job search. You are dead on point in todays world to feel like you do. Some of the posters here will tell you right now that the bottom line is the ONLY reason for a business to exist. You will likely go far in this life knowing that the bottom line isn't the only thing that matters.

Hopefully you can work your way into a management position or even have your own business one day and can treat your employees in the way you know people should be treated. Again dear good luck to you.
    Information posted by me is my "OPINION". I do NOT give legal advice to anyone as like most here I am NOT an attorney.

Comment

You're right - it wasn't illegal.

You are never guaranteed a certain number of hours - unless you are exempt. At that point, you'll have more hours than you want to work.
      Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X