X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmayeaux
    replied
    Thanks for everyone's quick responses! I think it is pretty clear what I need to do.

Leave a comment:

• Morgana
    replied
    Ok, now I understand...Its Friday!

Leave a comment:

• jmayeaux
    replied
    sorry, should have been more specific. My company is late on the rent, not me.

Leave a comment:

• mommyof4
    replied
    Morgana, I think the OP meant that the company's landlord called and complained that the company has not paid the rent. I had to reread it a couple of times.

Leave a comment:

• Morgana
    replied
    What does the fact that today is payday have to do with your rent being 19 days overdue?

And just in case you were going to ask, the company is not responsible for any checks you bounce due to the late paycheck.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    Agreed. Also, if your employer is indeed in financial trouble, now might be a good time to start looking for a new job. It generally takes months to get a wage claim out of DOL, and if the employer is closed down by then, the judgement might not be worth much.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Well, you can file a complaint with the DOL, but nothing will happen before Monday anyway. So it might be a good idea to wait until Monday before taking any action. If you get paid, great. If you don't, it will be time enough to notify the DOL then.

Leave a comment:

• jmayeaux
    started a topic Late Paycheck - Oklahoma Oklahoma

Late Paycheck - Oklahoma Oklahoma

Pay day is today. I have direct deposit, but no money is in my account. I called payroll, and no one has been paid today. They assure me I will be paid Monday, but I do not believe them. The company has been showing signs of financial trouble. example, the landlord called me yesterday, because he has not recieved his rent check for this month (19 days late). What options do I have?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X