This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Makes Sense? California

I work for this transportation company and im required to work in certain days in another city about 29 miles away from my original working city. My supervisor says, "the bus is there and we will pay you 1hr before the service start and you need to use your own car to get there." This is right? The company does not want to bring the bus back to the original service station due to warranty issues. I'm driving my own car to get there and the company is only paying me 1hr before the service starts. Can I refuse? Someone please, give me your input.

I'm a little confused. Whose bus? Then you say you're driving your own vehicle. Are you given a choice?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      I'm a little confused. Whose bus? Then you say you're driving your own vehicle. Are you given a choice?
      I'm sorry, the bus is a paratransit vehicle. No i do not have a choice. If I refuse I could get fired.

Comment

OK, let me see if I have this straight. You drive a bus. That is your job. On some days, you need to drive your own vehicle to the place the bus is and at the end of the shift, return the bus to that location and drive your own vehicle home. Do I have it correct?

The employer can require that you be at XX place at YY time and they are not required to provide your transportation to get there. They are paying you for one hour of "commute time", in the morning, yes? But not at the end of your shift?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X