This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA Hourly Manager Georgia

My question is in regards to hourly manager at a national fast food franchise. Are hourly managers required to travel to other towns/cities to work at franchise owned stores? If said person refuses to go for medical reasons, is it okay if they are fired?

Originally posted by mildewman View Post
    Are hourly managers required to travel to other towns/cities to work at franchise owned stores?
    You won't be able to find a law stopping the employer from requiring such travel.

Originally posted by mildewman View Post
    If said person refuses to go for medical reasons, is it okay if they are fired?
    Possibly. The Americans With Disabilities Act might be a factor and keep the employer from terminating the employee. Otherwise, the employer would be within its rights to terminate the employee for being unwilling to perform the job.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

I am curious, however.

What medical condition would allow a person to work a full shift at a fast food location but prevent them from commuting across town.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I would like to know the medical condition also. Are they unable to drive?
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The femur is seperating from the acetabulum on the left side. WHich is to say her leg bone is seperating from her pelvis. Standing is ok, however, longer periods of sitting exacerbate the problem. They have even made her travel from our town in South GA to northern Florida. I do appreciate the advice. I did think they could have her travel, just wasn't sure about the medical condition.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X