This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania exempt salary question... Pennsylvania

Alright so I need some help clarifying my company's reasoning for their exempt salaried status for me as a full time employee. I work as a mobile marketing manager for a PA company where I am 100% travel. We agreed to $2750.00 per month for salary. The contract started on July 25th and ends in December. So my question is how can they tax me for a full years salary when I am not even contracted for a full 6 months. It adds up that my gross pay comes out to 1269.23 every two weeks. Does this sound right? I should also add that I recieve a daily per diem on a corporate credit card for 150.00 a day for food and housing. I am use to being an independent contractor when it comes to tax issues so that is why i am a little confused with the term exempt salaried.
    Thanks so much for your expertise.
    Ashley

That is the correct gross amount biweekly. ($2,570 * 12 months) / 26 paychecks per year.

Whether or not the per diem is taxable or tax-free depends on the rate for the geographic area (among other things).
    http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...164208,00.html
    http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/con...Type=GSA_BASIC
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shlee419 View Post
      Alright so I need some help clarifying my company's reasoning for their exempt salaried status for me as a full time employee. I work as a mobile marketing manager for a PA company where I am 100% travel.
      I have no idea what they are taking out in taxes, but your tax liability is set by the federal government, so if too much is being taken out, you will get the excess back early next year.

It would be better if the correct amount is withheld, but I cannot tell if that is the case or not.

As for being salaried exempt, what is your question?
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X