Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Minimum Wage Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Minimum Wage Georgia

    We have an employee who is paid by company A. However, we employ her. We decide what her duties and expectations are. Recently these the employees job description changed and since this employee now has more responsibilities than she did initially, we want to increase her salsry by 10%. The problem is this: a salary is already written in the contract with company A and the payment of the salry works like this. Company A cuts the employee a check and bills us for half of it. My question is, if we do absorb the cost of the salary increase and we start paying her via out payroll would the difference we pay her have to be at least $5.85/hour or does the minimum wage mean both checks combined?

  • #2
    Joint employment.

    She gets at least minimum wage for all hours worked.

    How your company and the other company (a staffing one, I presume) divide the costs is totally up to the two companies and bears little relationship to what she should be paid.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.


    • #3
      Please only post questions once.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.