This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 minute prior start? New York

I work for a company that requires there employees be at work 10 minutes prior to there start time. (Instructions, etc). Of course it isnt written policy, but it is written as a memo. We do not get paid for this. Is this legal not to pay your employees for time worked? They claim that all shifts are to be 10 minutes early (with the assumption that it all equals out). It doesnt, nor has it ever equaled out. Almost weekly a staff is late. We are also required to stay after our shift ends, if the minimum number of employees doesnt show up (Late, absent, call in, etc). It is a policy. Dont they have to pay for time worked, regardless?

This is really the same question you asked in your other post, to which I just responded.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you very much...

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X