This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Vacation Benefit

The company I work for in Wisconsin has a written vacation policy stating that the number of employess allowed off for vacation at the same time is at the discretion of management. The policy also indicates that all unused vacation will be paid to the employee. The employer is denying vacation requests when no other employees are taking vacation (0 employees taking time off). Can the employer deny vacation time off and make the employee take the pay in lieu of the time off?

Yes they can. No law forces the employer to allow employees to take vacation when they want it.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

No carry over either

The company does not allow vacation days to be carried over to the next year. There are only six weeks left in my calendar year for me to take my 5 days of vacation. The company will not approve any vacation time off for the next six weeks. Does the employer get to make the choice of deciding whether I get time off versus getting paid for unused vacation?

Comment

Yes, they do.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X