X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    If you worked, you must be paid. Why does he think you weren't working?

Leave a comment:

• suaverico3
    replied
    I Served Notice...now no check..in MA

I was working part time, at home...only one day a week. My boss was on vacation. I told him on Thursday that my last day was Friday. Is he still required to pay me for that final day I worked during the week? He said I didn't do anything so he isn't going to pay me.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    MA law does not require that he reimburse you for such expenses.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    To my knowledge, CA is the only state which has formal rules requiring that employers reimburse business related expenses. Even there, you would have to show that the expenses would not have occured at all other then for your employer's requirements. Most people these days had both phones and internet access prior to going to work for their current employer.

Small claims court is still a legal possiblity even if the MA labor code does not directly support the action.

Leave a comment:

• suaverico3
    started a topic Reimbursement

Reimbursement

I worked for this guy's small company at home. In order to do the job I needed a phone and the internet. He never reimbursed me for any of these monthly expenses. Is he required by MA law to do so?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X