This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• physical and verbal harrassment Delaware

I was verbally abused and then pushed at work. What is my recourse?

You call the police and report an assault.

It is not illegal to yell at someone in the workplace.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

pushed and verbally abused

The incident occurred a few days ago. I have been berated a few times by one person. He yells, is really mean to me, and then pushed me in front of a collegue and my boss. I was told by witnesses I should have 'stuck up for myself.'
      Is is too late now? what is your advice? I am so upset.

Comment

you call the police and report an assault.

It is not illegal to yell at someone in the workplace.

It may be stupid, mean and completely childish... but it is not illegal and not actionable.

However, the moment hands were laid upon your person, you can have the person arrested for assault.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

retaliation

A few days ago I was yelled at, berated, and then pushed as stated. I am afraid. If I do report the incident, I could loose my job. The person who pushed me and has been yelling at me is on staff...I am a contractor in the building. I am afraid if I do anything I will loose my job. I feel unprotected.

Comment

What more do you want us to tell you?
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

retaliation

I am afraid if I involve the police I may loose my job. Does the law protect me in any way?

Comment

It all depends on whether the management of the company at which you are a contractor is willing to tolerate this type of behavior from one of its employees. No one here can predict what will happen.
                I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X