X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairtreatment
    replied
    The employer leaves it wide open with no agreement or contract. Written memo only, changed month to month. Outside sales, salary plus commission. Commission so structured that if goals are not met, inclusive of several variable things having nothing to do with revenue production ex(dressing up for halloween) must be met along with revenue goals or commission is cut 50%.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Very possibly legal. What does the commission agreement/plan say? Generally speaking, assuming you are a nonexempt employee, all you must be paid under the law is minimum wage.

Leave a comment:

• fairtreatment
    replied
    Interesting

My comapny deducts from my commission even if another department makes a mistake and we have to credit the customer. Isn't it funny how we get punsihed financially for other peoples mistakes when we have no control over them.

Leave a comment:

• jakers
    started a topic deduction from my commisions Michigan

deduction from my commisions Michigan

Can my employer deduct from my weekly wages or commissions for a mistake that was made?
    I put in the wrong date for a catering event; the Boss checked the invoice and approved it. Not noticing the date was wrong the food was delivered but there was no one there to take the order.
    The Employer wants to deduct the money from my commission check and is stating I’m at fault, please advise
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X